A week off work

Thank goodness, today is the first day of my weeks holiday, it's just so nice not to have to be worrying about work!

So what have I been up to? Nothing much exciting during last week, just work. Got quite a bit of sickness at the moment so it's quite difficult to get anything done, specially as we are getting busier on the run up to Christmas. We had a power cut in the shop at about 10 to 5 on Saturday afternoon (just as I was geting ready to skive off a bit early to start my hols, grrrr). Turns out it wasn't just the shop but the whole town and quite a large part of the surrounding areas too. We had to evacuate the shopping centre, in the freezing cold and pouring rain, fortunately they allowed us retailers back in before too long! I ended up locking everything up and coming back later when the power came back on to lock up. Not the best start to my holidays, really.

Yesterday was my birthday, don't ask me how old I was. Alright, you twisted my arm, I was 33. I got some lovely presents, a digital picture frame, a tabletop easel that I wanted and some yummy Thorntons chocs from Ste, money from my parents and Ste's mum, and some scrapping stuff from my sis. Hmmm, now I wonder what I will use the money for? Stash, anybody?

And to that end we are taking a trip out to a scrapbooking shop in Blackpool tomorrow - hope it's good, the money will be burning a hole in my pocket! I'll let you know what it's like, and what stash I come home with!

I will leave you with a piccy of a LO I did this morning, Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure with the Christmas decorations out.....

1 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Found you on crafty blogs, hello!!!
Please tell me all about your digital picture frame as my sister & I are planning to buy one for our dad for crissy...
He comes home from Australia this weekend after a months trip & has told me he has thousands of photos.
How exactly do these things work..
Love your LO. I plan to poke around your site a bit later but right now need a mug of tea. Happy Birthday for Sunday...
Congrats on becoming a Banana frog DT member...