A Grand Day Out...

Well, I have just about recovered from my trip out to the craft shop in Blackpool with my Mum and sister. Things started out well when we got to the end of the road in my car (which admittedly is a very small, with very "sporty" suspension, Citroen C2) and my sister was going very green about the gills and pleading with us to go back and take Mums car instead as she was feeling car sick. Of course, this meant I couldn't drive as I wasn't insured, so poor Mum had to do it!

We arrived at the shop after a combination of using my Tom Tom sat nav and the excellent directions that Yvonne from UKS sent me, really easy to get to, literally 5 minutes from the end of the M55. Parked right outside and in we went.

The shop was crammed full of lovely scrapping goodies, and there was a lovely big classroom / crop room attached to the shop too. I won't tell you how much we spent but suffice it to say that we probably made it worth her while to open!

Of course, no trip out with my family is complete without me pretending I don't actually know them - and I was given plenty of opportunity to do that when


  • My sister took a scrapbook down from the top shelf to have a look, replaced it, and managed to knock down EVERY OTHER SCRAPBOOK ON DISPLAY. Hereafter known as the "Domino Effect".

  • My Mum was paying for her stuff at the till, but wanted to round it up to the next £10 to get a loyalty stamp, so went off to find more stuff to buy. So what? I hear you ask. Well, there were two other people waiting to be served behind her, just patiently waiting as my Mum went off to browse again......

I'm sure the lovely lady in the shop (Julie?) breathed a big sigh of relief when we left! Oh and in case you are wondering, the shop in question was Cucumber Cottage Studios in Blackpool. Well worth a trip if you live anywhere near it.


So, a bit more about my digital picture frame for Paula - here's a picture. It has a 7" widescreen display, remote control, and you can put a memory card directly into the side of the frame, or connect it to your camera via USB, or connect a USB pendrive directly to it (as shown in the pic on the top right). It runs off mains power and can either sit in a flat surface or be wall mounted. You can play pictures, short video's, music, or do a slideshow with music and pictures (all very clever!). Paula, I bet your Dad would love one for his holiday pics! Don't ask me how much it was though, it was a present so I don't know. Oh yeah, and the manual is hysterical for mine, obviously translated from chinese by someone who doesn't speak either chinese OR english. Quote - "Dont irradiation for long time under the fierceness sun" er, what? Keep out of direct sunlight, do you think? Or "All jack are mini, please aim at". Nope. No idea at all. And the ENTIRE MANUAL is like that.....

I think thats all for now. I finished a LO last night butI can't show you yet because it is for Banana Frog. Oh, did I mention I got a box full of the most fabby stuff from Beverley at Banana Frog on Tuesday? Luvverley stuff it is, stamps and papers (including the gorgeous, strokeable Dream Street Cafe Chic range. It's a bit wet now where I keep dribbling over it. Joking!).

Oh yes, and we have purchased most of what we needed for our mini bathroom refurbishment, just need some time to actually DO it now!


2 comments:

Thirteen Pink Ladybirds said...

Good one, Swisho - those instructions were funny! Fierce sun? Clearly those Chinese people haven't been to the UK....

Roz said...

I just say your layouts on UKS, and could not wait to post a comment, they are flipping brilliant. Those instructions are brilliant, probably a man that wrote them. mwahahahaha