Back at work...

Just a quickie, cos frankly nothing exciting has happened to me today! Back at work after my week off - thankfully the shop is still standing, they don't seem to have broken anything and nobody has resigned, so it's all good!
Need to start recruitng some Christmas temps soon, I waded through about 150 various CV's and application forms trying to narrow them down today, and it astounds me how so many 16/17 year olds manage to fill up 3 or 4 sides of A4 paper for their CV when all they have done is 2 weeks work experience and a paper round. C'mon people, do you really think I have time to read all that? Thrilling though it may be to read about the fact they they were a prefect, a member of the chess club and they love Harry Potter books, I pretty much just want to make sure they have a basic grasp of English and Maths. I'm also quite fond of the ones that can't be bothered to actually use the spell checker on Microsoft Word - helloo!! Thats what its there for!
I know, I know, I'm horrible, but for goodness sake, my cv barely covers 2 sides of A4 and I have been working since I was 17!
Anyhoo, now I've got that off my chest I will go and read my new copy of Creative Scrapbooking (and yes, I realise I said I wasn't going to buy anymore scrapping magazines, but I am weak) and possibly do some scrapping, but very quietly cos hubby has gone to bed. Shhhhhh......

1 comments:

Thirteen Pink Ladybirds said...

Did you really get 150 applications? What about 151? I can speaking the really good english and I am knowing some numbers that go from 3 right down to 14. Can I have a job? I can spell that shop you work at - it's Neckst. I can have job now? Yes, please, thank you, Swish-lady.