Self Portrait...

The words guaranteed to strike fear into most peoples hearts....take a self portrait! For CJ's Painting With Light class we have to put together a bit of a portfolio, part of which was the dreaded self portrait. The portrait also had to include our name in some way, but not added in later in Photoshop (foiled again!). I armed myself with tripod, gorillapod and remote control for the camera and got snapping...
Here's some of the ones that didn't quite cut it! First location was the kitchen. Quite liked these but I think the light in there was making me look a bit washed out...

Number 2 came very close to being picked!

Numbers 3 & 4- I changed locations and went up to the bedroom. This is me sat on the bed, facing the window, camera on gorillapod on the window ledge. I know these are totally overexposed but I actually really like them! If I had managed to get my name in the shot I think one of these would have been it!

Then I started messing about with mirror shots (after I had cleaned the mirror and got rid of all the stuff on top of the chest of drawers behind me)Which wasn't going to badly till SOMEBODY wanted to come and join in!And then I couldn't take a decent picture for laughing. So the one I finally decided on was the next one - again, sat on the bed, camera on window ledge, but this time I actually managed to get my name in the shot!Phew! Thank goodness that is over with!

1 comments:

Kate Bucci said...

awww trish, so nice to see so much of you! Lovely pics!