Christmas Journal Day 2

Two blog posts in two days? Surely the internet will collapse from the shock!
Here's my journal entry for day 2 - again, I created the notebook page in Photoshop with Katie Pertiet's lined notepaper, and used some more Figgy Pudding. The title and large snowflakes were cut out on the craft robo and inked, then I got to work with my bejeweller too! The little silver snowflakes were done with a stamp from Banana Frogs Retro Baubles set.

Text reads - Christmas – the season of long boots, jeans, and cover everything up big wooly jumpers. I’m definitely in favour of the weather on the clothing side of things, but as for actually being cold, well, it’s not really my thing. We tend to have the central heating cranked up to maximum at this time of year on a 24 hour a day basis…
Still, I can’t deny, I think I would find it a bit odd to be warm at Christmas! As much as the idea of lazing round a pool, sipping cocktails on Christmas Day might appeal to me, in reality the weather helps to make the season what it is. The cold, crisp days, when the sky is a brilliant shade of blue, and you can see the frost on the trees, these are the days when the best thing to do is snuggle up on the settee watching a good film on the TV with a nice mug of hot chocolate.
And the snow! When you wake up in the morning, and you can immediately tell from the quality of light through the bedroom curtains that snow has fallen overnight. Peeping through the curtains and seeing the perfect blanket of snow lying on the ground early in the morning, before anybody has walked on it and cars have turned it to slush is definitely a magical moment!
Of course, two hours later, when I am trying to get to work through the traffic chaos that the slightest bit of snow causes in this country, and I am cold, and wet, and my boots are ruined…..well, it does lose a bit of the magic then if I’m being honest.
But first thing in the morning? Perfect…..

5 comments:

crazierinreallife said...

love that note book paper. can you share where you got it?

loumaroo said...

this is beautiful. love the colors, the scalloped edge and the snowflakes. great job!

Laura said...

Beautiful page...love the shiny things!

Latharia said...

Just delightful! Love those stunning snowflakes!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

gorgeous journaling and layout!!!